The following is the criteria list used by the staff when evaluating NJHS candidates as a part of the selection process.
· Is resourceful in proposing new problems, applying principles, and making suggestions
· Demonstrates initiative in promoting school activities
· Exercises positive influence on peers in upholding school ideals and spirit
· Contributes ideas that improve the civic life of the school
· Is able to delegate responsibilities
· Exemplifies positive attitudes
· Inspires positive behavior in others
· Demonstrates academic initiative
· Successfully holds school offices or positions of responsibility
· Conducts business effectively and efficiently
· Demonstrates reliability and dependability
· Is a leader in the classroom or in other school or community activities
· Is dependable in any responsibility accepted
· Willingly volunteers and provides dependable and well-organized assistance.
· Works well with others and is willing to take on difficult or inconspicuous responsibilities
· Cheerfully and enthusiastically renders any requested service to the school
· Is willing to represent the class or school in interclass and interscholastic competition
· Complies to staff requests in a positive manner
· Participates in some activity outside of school (e.g., Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, religious groups, volunteer services for the elderly, poor, or disadvantaged)
· Mentors persons in the community or students at other schools
· Shows courtesy by assisting visitors, teachers, and students.
· Has a high regard for freedom and justice; respects the U. S. form of government and respects the laws at the local, state, and federal level that protect that government
· Demonstrates mature participation and responsibility through involvement with such activities as scouting, community organizations, and school clubs.
· Takes criticism willingly and accepts recommendations graciously
· Consistently exemplifies the BCS pillars of Character (responsibility, respect, citizenship, compassion, trustworthiness, caring, fairness, empathy, honesty and loyalty)
· Consistently demonstrates desirable qualities of behavior (e. g., cheerfulness, friendliness, poise, stability)
· Cooperates by complying with school regulations concerning property, programs, office, halls, etc.
· Demonstrates the highest standards of honesty and reliability
· Regularly shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others
· Observes instructions and rules, is punctual, and faithful both inside and outside the classroom
· Manifests truthfulness in acknowledging obedience to rules, avoiding cheating in written work, and showing an unwillingness to profit by the mistakes of others
· Actively helps rid the school of bad influences or environment.